- Marking the Fifth Anniversary of the 5.12 Wenchuan Earthquake, and Looking to the Future. (2013/05/12 | No Comments »)
- Five years have passed since a force 7.9 earthquake struck Sichuan Province on May 12th, 2008, devastating the lives and livelihoods of tens of thousands of people. On this anniversary we commemorate the 90,000 dead and remember the many thousands who were injured, bereaved or displaced. Over the past five years, Sichuan Quake Relief has [...]
- SQR activities update (2013/05/03 | No Comments »)
- SQR delivers aid, supports temporary school and mother-and-baby support programme. Sichuan Quake Relief continues to deliver aid to pockets of need in the worst-affected areas of Lushan and Baoxing. Five large separate deliveries have been made so far this week, serving 8 different village areas. We are also supporting a temporary school in a tent [...]
- Latest info on how you can help… (2013/04/24 | No Comments »)
- Aid to Lushan Quake Victims Meets Roadblocks Resources are pouring into Sichuan from around China to assist victims of Saturday’s magnitude 6.6 earthquake in Lushan, but many areas remain inaccessible due to landslides, blocked roads and backed-‐up traffic. With an estimated 1.5 million people affected by the quake, including more than 200 dead, [...]
- Benefit gig – Sat 4th May 2013, 8.30 pm, Chengdu Bookworm (2013/04/24 | 1 Comment »)
- Benefit gig LAUGH IT UP!!! Saturday, May 4, 8.30pm Comedy Night at the Chengdu Bookworm with Comedian DES BISHOP Charity Fundraiser in aid of the Lushan Earthquake. Organised by Rotary Friends Chengdu and Sichuan Quake Relief Minimum Donation: 75 rmb (all proceeds to the quake relief) As a native New Yorker, Des Bishop moved from [...]
- Benefit gig and BBQ – 27th April 2013, 5pm, Chengdu Bookworm (2013/04/24 | 2 Comments »)
- For the victims of the Lushan Earthquake This Saturday, April 27th from 5pm at the Chengdu Bookworm. Join us for a Benefit Gig in aid of the victims of last Saturday’s earthquake in Lushan. Organised by Rotary Friends Chengdu and Sichuan Quake Relief Some of Chengdu’s finest acts will perform for free: – Solidaz, Red [...]
- Lushan Earthquake, April 20th 2013. (2013/04/21 | No Comments »)
- The most powerful earthquake to strike Sichuan Province since the May 12, 2008 quake occurred at 8:02 local time (12:02 GMT) on Saturday April 20. So far media report at least 203 dead and more than 8,000 injured, 1,000 of them seriously, with more casualties expected. The quake had a magnitude of 6.6 and depth [...]
- December 2012 update: Shi He sports centre (2012/12/13 | No Comments »)
- Shi He village sports centre In November Sichuan Quake Relief completed the contruction of a new multi-functional sports centre in Shi He village in Guangji, nearby the kindergarten and community centres that we competed two years ago. This new centre has a basketball court, badminton courts, table tennis tables, and adjacent meeting rooms. It can [...]
- Four years after the Quake (2012/05/12 | No Comments »)
- Download the SQR 4th Anniversary Newsletter May 12th 2012 marked the 4th anniversary of the deadly Sichuan earthquake. While most residents are now back in permanent dwellings and key infrastructure projects have been completed, hardship still prevails for many people in the region. More than half a million people were left severely disabled after the [...]
- Update on Yunnan earthquake situation (2011/03/14 | No Comments »)
- Conditions have remained stable and are being dealt with effectively, with cooperation between central and local government as well as NGOs working in the region.
- Magnitude 5.8 earthquake hits south-west Yunnan (2011/03/10 | No Comments »)
- A strong earthquake has toppled buildings and killed at least 25 people in Yingjiang, south-west Yunnan.
- SQR’s Review of the Year — 2010 (2010/12/20 | No Comments »)
- An overview of SQR’s achievements in 2010, and our on-going work for 2011.
- SQR’s grassroots NGO capacity-building sessions underway (2010/12/13 | No Comments »)
- Nine local groups took part the first of SQR’s grassroots NGO capacity-building sessions in a day of workshop activities coordinated by SQR at the Di Kang Le Community Centre in Guangji.
- Sports Day at Di Kang Le Kindergarten (2010/12/09 | 2 Comments »)
- The Di Kang Le Kindergarten in Guangji has held its first student-and-parents sports day since it was rebuilt and reopened in September. SQR was there to enjoy the fun and games.
- Community events at SQR’s Di Kang Le Community Centre (2010/11/21 | No Comments »)
- Regular, free activities for the local people of Shihe and other surrounding villages of Guangji are underway at our Di Kang Le Community Centre. CSA is running skills-development sessions at Guangji Elementary School.
- ABE Charity Cup 2010 raises 30,000 RMB for grassroots groups in earthquake area (2010/10/28 | No Comments »)
- The 4th Annual ABE Charity Cup football tournament, this year organised by SQR, raises money for grassroots organisations in the earthquake area.
- Rebuilt Guangji Di Kang Le Kindergarten and new Community Centre officially opened (2010/09/15 | 3 Comments »)
- The opening ceremony of the re-built Guangji Di Kang Le Kindergarten, and the new Di Kang Le Community Centre, was a resounding success.
- Yingxiu landslide evacuees: revised needs and numbers (2010/08/20 | No Comments »)
- 207 more evacuees arrived yesterday. As well as new or freshly-laundered blankets, sheets and towels, there is also a need for hygiene products such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, bodywash, shampoo, and laundry detergent.
- Blanket appeal for Yingxiu landslide evacuees (2010/08/19 | No Comments »)
- Following recent flooding and landslides in and around Yingxiu — the epicentre of the 12 May 2008 Sichuan earthquake — there is once again a need for blankets, towels and sheets to provide relief for victims of this latest disaster to hit the region, SQR found today following a needs assessment.
- Local community members organising sponsored swim in aid of SQR (2010/06/28 | No Comments »)
- A sponsored swimathon is being organised by long-time Chengdu resident Graham Bannerman, with support from Chengdu’s branch of European Union Chamber of Commerce in China and the Orchard Villas apartment complex.
- Images of SQR-funded tent hospital in Yushu (2010/05/29 | No Comments »)
- Tent hospital continues to help earthquake victims.
Welcome to Sichuan Quake Relief
Sichuan Quake Relief (SQR) is a non-profit, humanitarian organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by the 12 May 2008 Sichuan earthquake.